The turtle graphics is a classic and popular way to introducing programming to kids.
In the turtle graphics, you control a turtle to move around the graphics window. The traces left by its move form drawings.
In the following program, we use turtle graphics to draw a star:
In the main function, we:
- use create_world(800,600) to create a 800x600 drawing canvas (drawing window)
- set the pen color to red and the fill color to red
- use right(90) command to turn the turtle 90 degrees clockwise.
- use forward(100) command to move the turtle 100 steps forward,then turn the turtle 144 degrees clockwise.
- repeat the above step 5 times
- use close_world() to close the drawing window.
from easygraphics import * from easygraphics.turtle import * def main(): create_world(800,600) set_color("red") set_fill_color("red") right(90) for i in range(5): forward(100) right(144) pause() close_world() easy_run(main)